OCI question

From: Marcos Guirland Nowosad <nowomarc_at_embratel.net.br>
Date: 1997/08/03

[Quoted] Hello All,

        My department is developing a system written in C which uses Oracle OCI to connect with our Oracle database. We need to execute some functions and storage procedures created in our database, so we are executing PL/SQL statements which call these functions and procedures.

        The problem is that we neither know how to get the result of a function nor the value of an OUT parameter of a storage procedure into a variable of the C program, using the OCI binding functions.

        Someone suggests us to execute the following tricky SQL statement

        SELECT func1() FROM DUAL;

	and then fetch the result, using the fetching OCI functions.
	But we would like to execute functions in anonymous PL/SQL statement
like:
	BEGIN
		x:= func1();
	END;

	and get (somehow) the value of the variable x into a variable of the
program, since our system requires PL/SQL programming.
	Does anyone have the answer?
	Thanks in advance !!

	Marcos