Re: User Interface Selection

From: George Faison <most_at_i3va.com>
Date: 1997/08/02

On 22 Jul 1997 16:42:23 GMT, tangm_at_mailhost.rose-hulman.edu (Min Tang) wrote:

>I need some expert idea on following issues:
>We are evaluating tools to build front end(PC) user interface.
>We already had a big program written in C/Pro*C run on HP-UX.
>What we want to do is use this interface to run the program on UNIX
>and display the results, also view and maintain sets of Oracle tables.
>
>The criteria for selection:
>1) must be reliable
>2) must be fast
>3) easy to develop and cheap
>4) easy to install
>5) fancy and expandable
>
>The tools we consider now:
>1) Oracle Forms with DBMS PIPES( Is it reliable when multiple
> people using PIPE at the same time?)
>2) Intranet
>3) Oracle Forms with third party tools(BEA MessageQ?)
>4) MS VB or VC++
>5) RPC call
>
>What is the best tools to build this kind of application?
>Pros and Cons?
>
>Thanks!

If a character GUI (CGUI style nterface is acceptbale to you, then consider the FormAgent package available from Modern Office Systems Technology, Inc at (804) 730-1467. It's part of their MenuAgent(R) and UltraTools(R) product line. Very capable, very robust, does all the things you mentioned above, runs on any UNIX. Installs in about 20 minutes and facilitiates rapid application development. Give them a call for more info.

Good luck!

George Received on Sat Aug 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message