Re: PL/SQL Question.....

From: Narayanan Olagappan <narayan_at_sprynet.com>
Date: 1997/08/02

George Pequegnat wrote:

> Hello, all. This question might appear a little vague, but please bear
> with me because we are VERY new to oracle products.
>
> As part of our web site design, one option is to push a button and send
> an email message to a predefined group of recipients. Using Microsft
> SQL, our problem was that we used a routine to build a "mailto" field by
> retrieving an address from the table, appending a ";", retrieve another,
> etc, etc until no more names in the table. But unfortunately, when the
> message form came up the "To:" field was filled in correctly, but
> completely underlined. Of course, the address is invalid if the
> semicolons are underlined.
>
> My question is: Is there a way in Oracle to accomplish this without
> running into that same problem????
>
> Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated.... George P.

This looks like a malier-software related issue. The delimter ';' may not be the actual delimiter when mailer gets the address list, may be placed by the mailer while displaying a address list. You will have to find the delimter thats used by the mailer (from the manual probably) while getting the address list, this will most likely be a space or a comma, and append that delimiter. If the mailer doesn't have a syntax to receive address list, which is very unlikely, you may have to issue as many mail commands.

Good luck. Received on Sat Aug 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message