Help ! KEYPRESS trigger/VBX in Oracle

From: Olivier Goethals <we44637_at_vub.ac.be>
Date: 1997/08/02

[Quoted] I'm looking for a way to add the following functionality to a form, designed in Forms 4.5.

I want something like the creation of a mailing-list : On one side of the screen a complete list of all adresses possible, and on the other side the selected adresses. By clicking on a button add or remove, or by double clicking on an adress, names are added from the first list to the second, or removed again.

No what is my problem :

I want to be able, in the first list, (the list with all the names) to react to keys pressed. e.g. when I press on the 'j' only the names starting with j remain, when I then press 'a', only names starting with 'ja' stay displayed. When I then press 'backspace' again all the 'j'-names apear.

This is often used in programs. But in Oracle the avent-trigger When-Keypressed or something like it does not exist.

Does anyone have a solution ?

Are there any VBX's I can use ? (using When_custom_item_event ?) Does Oracle Forms react to VBX's including an event-trigger that Forms itself does not have ?

Or even better, has anyone ever built something similar like this, an would he be willing to share it ?

Thanks,

Olivier Goethals
we44637_at_vub.ac.be
Olivier.Goethals_at_is.belgacom.be