How to verify delete transactions?

From: Boris Nevstrujev <bnevs_at_mda.ca>
Date: 1997/08/01

Hi,

We need to test large number of delete transactions on database with about 130 tables. Complex web of ON DELETE CASCADE type of relationships is implemented and delete triggers are in place to support the delete functionality. How can we test the functionality implemented? Idealy, we'd like to run a series of delete requests from Form 4.5 based application and generate a log file that will reveal what tables were affected and how. Example:
Choose delete record in Dept Form for given Dept ID,

Log file:
delete from Dept where ID=1
delete from Emp where DEPT_ID = 1
delete from ...

Please let me know if you'va come accross the tool/support for something similar.
Thank you!!!

--
Boris Nevstrujev
Software Engineer