HIDE_VIEW in Forms 4.5

From: Michel Renaud <renamic_at_synapse.net>
Date: 1997/07/31

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a "wait window" in Forms 4.5. I have a window called "MAIN_WINDOW", and two canvas-views called
"MAIN_CANVAS" and "WAIT_CANVAS". What I want is when the
user clicks on a button (with MAIN_CANVAS visible), is to have the WAIT_CANVAS pop over it (it then contains a message such as please wait). This works fine. After the processing is done, I want the WAIT_CANVAS to disapear, for that I use HIDE_VIEW('WAIT_CANVAS'). However, the WAIT_CANVAS is still there and I have to click on the MAIN_CANVAS to "hide" the WAIT_CANVAS. Is this some sort of bug in Forms or am I missing something? I also tried using SET_VIEW_PROPERTY to change the VISIBLE property to PROPERTY_FALSE, but the result is the same.

The WAIT_CANVAS is STACKED so I can still see the MAIN_CANVAS underneath it.

The code is pretty simple and is in the WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger:

Show_View('WAIT_CANVAS');
Validate_Template; -- Procedure doing some processing... Hide_View('WAIT_CANVAS');

Ideas anyone? Or if anyone has another idea for displaying a wait window I'd appreciate any tip (I do NOT want to use
"message" to display the wait message on the status line.)

thanks in advance,
Michel

Michel Renaud                 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
email: renamic_at_synapse.net      WWW: http://www.synapse.net/~renamic