Reports 2.5 - Help

From: (wrong string) étan Poitras <gpoitras_at_orisoft.com>
Date: 1997/07/29

Hi,

I have a question for those who have already work with Report v 2.5 in "character" mode using Oracle 7.1.6 on an Unix machine. (Or something near that ...)

I have to create a report with a variable number of rows and columns and that have to be formatted in a "table" form.

           eg.:              Sample                       Assay code 1
Assay code 2 .....
                                A1                                0.00
                                ZZ                                2.00
                 3.00

I considered using the "matrix" function available in version 2.5 of Report but I need to know what kind of performance I could expect with a variable number of column going from 5 to 15 (printed on 2 or 3 pages width) and a maximum number of rows of 2,000 (around 40 pages). The main table we accessed to extract the data can contain up to 250,000 rows.

The select is not complex and quite straightforward.

Can anybody give me a clues of the time frame I should expect to print that kind of report ?

Thanks Received on Tue Jul 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message