Unique Value

From: Vijaya L. Natarajan <vijayaln_at_pollux.cs.uga.edu>
Date: 1997/07/28

Hi,

[Quoted]    I am developing an application using Developer/2000    in which I want the user name to be unique.    For example in my application there cannot another user with    the same first name and last name.

   I can do this by giving a IF Statement in the WHEN-VALIDATE-RECORD    trigger to check whether there exists a user with the same first    name and last name before inserting a new record.

   But I don't know how to do this during update.    Is there any idea to accomplish this , please let me know    my email address is vijayaln_at_cs.uga.edu

   Thanks in advance.

   Viji Received on Mon Jul 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message