List of Values in Designer 2K - Using multiple lookup tables

From: <davis_at_pui.com>
Date: 1997/07/28

[Quoted] Hi, I am trying to get a LOV button to appear on an Order form. The form contains Order-Header, Region, and Order-Detail blocks. What I would like is an LOV button to appear for the user to select an item from a particular warehouse. I have Warehouse-Item attached to Order-Detail as a lookup table, with the Item table attached to Warehouse-Item as another lookup table. Warehouse-Item is a combined table with the PKs of the Item and Warehouse tables as its combined PK. It also contains a lot of pertinent warehouse information. (Stock rotation, location in WH, etc) What I would *really* like is to have a user select a warehouse, then allow them to select from items which are only in that warehouse. Where I am running into trouble is that when I generate, it forces my Item and Warehouse fields to non-selectable, and does not give me an LOV at all. I can create LOVs without a problem if I am only trying to grab information from a single lookup table, but once I tried to pass through to a second lookup table, it will not do as I think it should. Any words of wisdom in this would be appreciated. Feel free to Email me directly with any solutions.
Thank you in advance!
Chris Davis - Oracle Analyst/Programmer
Projects Unlimited Inc.
Dayton, OH