Re: Reports 2.5: Characters get lost when printing!

From: Ian C. Sellers <no email>
Date: 1997/07/28

If you pick "preview" reports will use PostScript fonts to display report,
according to docs. This is usually more realistic of printer output, sometimes
not.

I have had some of the same problems printing to both HP5 and HP3SI printers,
finding that fonts and font widths are vastly different. The only good way I've
found to ensure that fields consistantly display is a lot of tree-killing,
testing the reports, and increasing the widths of the fields as needed, despite
how they look on the screen.

Also I concatenate as much as possible in the select statement, organized the
data that way in character form, and then display it as one long item.

HIH,
-Ian

In article <33D79351.1B5C_at_tasb.org>,
  Carol Chandler <carol.chandler_at_tasb.org> wrote:

> I have noticed in the past that if I ran a report and picked "Print"
 as
> the destination, that there would be formatting problems. Not
 exactly
> the same as yours, but fields printing too high or too low. BUT, if
> picked "Preview" as the destination, and then printed it, I got a
> warning message that there might be formatting problems - but it
 printed
> just fine! Seems a little backwards, huh? Does yours produce the
 same
> results however you print it?
>
> Carol Chandler
>
> Real-Time Center AG wrote:
> >
> > Reports 2.5: Characters get lost when printing!
> >
> > We are developing our Reports with Reports 2.5. Reports get
 printed on a
> > HP-Laserjet4 using a 16bit-printerdriver.
> > It often happens, that the last character in some textfields get
> > truncated. The preview of the Report in fact showes the
> > full text!
> >
> > The problem seems to be between Reports 2.5 and the
 HP-Laserjet4-Driver.