Re: DATE in SQL Loader

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: 1997/07/27

On Sun, 27 Jul 1997 13:41:51 GMT, teetshd_at_ucbeh.san.uc.edu (greg teets) wrote:

>I'm trying to load some date with SQLLoader that do not have a zero
>when the month or day is less than ten. I am currently using the
>following line in my .ctl file:
>QUOTE_DATE_DATE DATE "FXFMMM/MM/YY",
>
>I got this syntax from the section on Format Models in the manual.
>However, I got the error:
>ORA-01810: format code appears twice
>when I ran Loader.
>
>Am I on the right track? If not, please explain how to load records
>which drop the zero in this situation.

Your problem is exactly what ORA error is trying to express: you reference the MONTH format part twice - "MM" is appearing twice in your format mask.

Use either "FXFMDD/MM/YY" or "FXFMMM/DD/YY", depending on your date format in your data. Othervise, your format mask with FXFM prefix will do exactly what you want, althoug I think FM prefix would be enough.

Regards,

Jurij Modic                             Republic of Slovenia
jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si		Ministry of Finance
The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Sun Jul 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message