Re: DATE in SQL Loader

From: Chrysalis <cellis_at_iol.ie>
Date: 1997/07/27

greg teets wrote:

> I'm trying to load some date with SQLLoader that do not have a zero
> when the month or day is less than ten. I am currently using the
> following line in my .ctl file:
>
> QUOTE_DATE_DATE DATE "FXFMMM/MM/YY",
>
> I got this syntax from the section on Format Models in the manual.
> However, I got the error:
>
> ORA-01810: format code appears twice
>
> when I ran Loader.
>
> Am I on the right track? If not, please explain how to load records
> which drop the zero in this situation.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Greg

It looks as if you have a typo in your string, which contains "...MM/MM/YY", and does indeed have a duplicate format code.

I assume you intended "fxfmDD/MM/YY", but I'm not convinced you need the "fx" modifier as well as the "fm". (Note that the "fm" applies to *all* subsequent elements of the format string)

HTH

--
Chrysalis

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC