Developer/2000 Question

From: Vijaya L. Natarajan <vijayaln_at_pollux.cs.uga.edu>
Date: 1997/07/27

Hi All,

   I am a graduate Student and I am developing an application using Developer/2000. I am kind of new to it.

   Right now I facing a strange problem :-

   The problem is as follows :-

  The application I developed works well if an user insert data   and query, update data in different session.   ie, The user should insert the data in one session and

      query update in another session.
   Both insert and update not seems to work in the same session.

   If they insert and update in the same session. Some problem    is happening and freezes my program. and starting giving ERROR    messages like CANNOT INSERT DATA and CANNOT UPDATE DATE.

   It seems to me there is some mismatch happening in the SYSTEM    variables and I don't know how to find that and I am not    familiar with the debug tools. I am using some GLOBAL variables    in my program say about 12 GLOBAL variables are there and I    am using them to pass information from one BLOCK to another BLOCK.    and I am declaring them in the PRE-FORM and using them through    out my program.

   I spent a lot of time to find out the problem, but I could not    figure it out.

   If any one has any idea about this, please help me to solve this    problem.
   My email address is vijayaln_at_cs.uga.edu

   I really appreciate if you help me to solve this problem

   Thanks
   Sincerely,
   Viji Received on Sun Jul 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message