OPO: Frustration ....

From: Bernhard Weichel <bernhard.weichel_at_dctb.de>
Date: 1997/07/24

[Quoted] I am somewhat frustrated using OPO :-(

the first impression looke nice, but now we are in the real project and try to use

[Quoted] Grids - a mess, since there is no lookup feature for some fields [Quoted] TabControl - I do not manage to place the subform in the control. No real life example

                  available - but if you make an error, OPO hangs

Why the hack do we have to invent a record set control? - the available ones are not robust.

Other desires:

context Menus
tooltips
influence on QBF, e.g. get the generated where clause

 We are trying to use the grid control in OPO 2.0 and are facing some Problems:

  1. How can we insert a new column without rebuilding the entire grid? [Quoted]
  2. what is the approach if we want to perform translations in a column like the translation property in lists?

[Quoted] Is there any experience out there?

Bernhard Weichel
bernhard.weichel_at_dctb.de