Re: Forms 4.5 LOV help needed!

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/07/24

In article <5r33o5$90e_at_drn.zippo.com>, Jody Lewis <lewisj2_at_wdni.com> wrote: In article <5r33o5$90e_at_drn.zippo.com>, Jody Lewis <lewisj2_at_wdni.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I need some assistance with validation of a field by setting the LOV
> for Validation property to True. How can I handle cases where the
> user types in some bogus value and then wants to close the screen.
> They don't care that the value entered is invalid. Plus once the
> screen they are currently on is closed, the block containing this
> field is cleared. Currently, the user would have close the LOV,
> delete the value they presently have in that item and then close the
> form. it sure would be nice to give them the ability to just close
> the form and forget corecting the field that is going to get flushed
> out anyway.

You can clear the form when they exit the form. In your key-exit trigger, do:

Clear_Form(No_Validate,Full_Rollback);
Exit_Form;

We use this method several places. Note: if you do this, the user will no longer get the "Do you want to save your changes" prompt.

Regards,
Steve Cosner

Try out QA, a dynamic data utility form. Quick display and update access to any table. http://members.aol.com/stevec5088