Re: Need some Pro*C advice (want to ditch SQL Loader)

From: Francisco Piragibe <piragibe_at_esquadro.com.br>
Date: 1997/07/24

PRO*C is sort of an advanced preprocessor, providing for the use of SQL statements and/ or PL/SQL blocks directly into C code. Constructs like these ones are possible, for instance:

int m_variable, m_key;

m_key = 2;
EXEC SQL SELECT my_column INTO :m_variable FROM my_table WHERE my_key > :m_key;
EXEC SQL EXECUTE DECLARE
  a NUMBER;
BEGIN
END;
END-EXEC; Of course, you will also be able to use variable SQL statements and blocks, through PRO*C directives. If you're comfortable with C or C++ and SQL, you'll find PRO*C a "must have".

--
Francisco Carlos Piragibe de Almeida
consultor ORACLE / aplicações WEB

>Hello,

...I am an intermediate C programmer (with no C++) so will I be able