Forms 4.5 question regarding multi-block details

From: Dan Stern <dstern_at_ctp.com>
Date: 1997/07/23

[Quoted] This is a little hard to explain without a screen shot, but here goes. I am trying to develop a screen with a customer and multiple addresses. The user have requested only one address be shown at a time and the address type (mailing, residential, work,...) be displayed as a list item. Here is the tricky part, none of these addresses are committed until the very end for reasons beyond my control. So, I need to be able to switch back and forth between records when the user changes the address type and if they hae not yet entered an address of the type, create a new address instance with that type.

Anyone follow that?

I have a few ugly ways of doing it, but being new to Forms, I thought someone might have an elegant solution.

thanks
dan
dstern_at_ctp.com Received on Wed Jul 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message