Re: Forms 4.5 and launching a Word Document

From: w <you_at_somehost.somedomain>
Date: 1997/07/23

In article
<275EB019B2A67C09.9482CFA975E4D395.F56055F27A0EA55F_at_library-proxy.airnews.net>, kbarnes_at_airmail.net says...

 I am thinking about using forms 4.5 (and later 5.0) for an application  that a client wants. I need the ability to do the following:

  1. Load a Word document from the hard drive and save it as a blob in the database.
  2. Retrieve the doc(blob) from the database at a later date and launch word to edit it/print it, etc.

 I feel there should be no problem storing the doc as a blob.

 I dont care if I have to save the file to disk (temp) and then launch  word with the file as an argument as long as I can get the blob out   from within a forms application.

 Has anyone done this and is it possible ?

 TIA,    Kevin Barnes

Kevin,

Yes it is possible, what you need to look at is the ole2 package. I think there is some white papers about this too. Anyway once you launched word you can use the wordbasic language with ole2 function. This quiet a long work but it does the trick.

Y. Received on Wed Jul 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message