Re: How to display server time, update every minute -- (Forms)

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/07/23

In article <869606271.352_at_dejanews.com>,   pdoran_at_lucent.com wrote:
> I am attempting to create a Form in Developer 2000 that will continually
> display the current server time, updated every minute. The goal here is
> to be able to leave this form open and have a certain field display the
> servers time.
>
> I can use the $$DBTIME$$ variable to populate the text box at form
> startup(via the properties), but I have been unabble to re-assign the
> value of the text item with a trigger using PL/SQL.
>
> :text_box := $$DBTIME$$; does not seem to work

Set up a repeating timer that runs for a minute, and each time it expires, set your text_box to SYSDATE.

The Ref. Man. says to restrict your use of $$DBTIME$$ to Default Value, Range Low and Range High values. From this, it sounds like a form only queries the database once for the $$DB...$$ variables.

Steve Cosner
http://members.aol.com/stevec5088
QA: Dynamic browse & update utility form available (upgraded to version 0.7e 05-May-1997)