SQLLoader Question

From: Marcelo Ithurralde <mithurralde_at_mondello.toronto.fmco.com>
Date: 1997/07/22

This maybe a dumb question but here it is anyway.

In SQLServer a utility called BCP exists which is similar to SQLLoader. SQLServer exposes the BCP object so that it can be used within programming languages (C,C++). I am wondering if the SQLLoader object is exposed in a similar way.

I am looking for this programmatic control over SQLLoader because I have been asked to add Oracle support to a module that I am working on. This module takes flat files and imports them into different databases. The reason we are not using SQLLoader directly is that the data loading is part of a automated process which we control through DDE.

If you have any suggestions please send them all.

Thanks in advance,

Marcelo Ithurralde
mithurralde_at_fmco.com Received on Tue Jul 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message