Re: which good PL/SQL editor ??

From: <jan_at_abs.ee>
Date: 1997/07/22

Hi,

>I'm looking for good PL/SQL editor for my Win 95 machine.
>What editor do you recommend?
>Where can I get the editor?

I've tried:
-- Oracle Procedure Builder
I would prefer to use an Oracle's own solution. They have even the debugger in there. The problem is PL/SQL version it supports and some other bugs. May be used for some easy client side coding. Actually, I've not tried to use for a while.

  • Platinum SQL Station http://www.platinum.com/products/appdev/suite2.htm Nice debugger. Coder works, but code highlighting has some strange 'bugs' in there. The whole interface is not very Microsoft (windows) style, this disturbs a bit.
  • Tehnosolutions SQL Navigator http://www.technosolutions.com/index.html Really good thing. Coder is the best I've seen. There are some teamwork and productivity stuff integrated. Debugger is under development, Beta is available for testing. Integrated SQL and SQL script executing tools. Updatable query!
  • Oracle Module Logic Navigator (Des2k) If the Designer/2000 is used and the code has to be stored into repository, can try this one. Has code formating (only tool I've seen that does it), program structure tree. Useful only for writing the code, debugging is not easy because of the long cycle through DDL generation and compiling.
  • Benthic Software PLEdit http://web0.tiac.net/users/markford/index.htm Nice little coding tool. Shareware.
  • notepad Everything can be done by a simple text editor also.

Jan
jan_at_abs.ee Received on Tue Jul 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message