Re: How to specify rollback segment (SQL*LOADER)?

From: Juergen <jbrardt_at_stud.uni-hannover.de>
Date: 1997/07/22

Joseph Hodge wrote:

> I am fairly new to Oracle but I do not think there is a way to specify the
> rollback segment. I have a flat file which needs loaded 1 time a day which
> would exceed max extents in the rollback segment. So what I did was take 1
> rollback segment and increase it's size per extent. Then when I load the
> flat file I take all of the rollback segments offline except for the one
> with the increased size and then run sql loader. After that I bring the
> rest of the rollback segments online.
>
> BTW I use a sqlplus script to accomplish this:
>
> SegOffline.sql---------
> ALTER RollBack Segment RB1 OFFLINE;
> ALTER RollBack Segment RB2 OFFLINE;
> etc....
> quit
> ----------------------------
>
> Then from dos I do:
>
> SQLPlus RISO/xxxxxxx_at_ROWE @SegOffline.sql
>
> I hope that helps a little. I wish there was a way to reserve a rollback
> segment especially for sql loader.
>
> EWaddelljr <ewaddelljr_at_aol.com> wrote in article
> <19970721235000.TAA10001_at_ladder02.news.aol.com>...
> > Is there a way to specify which rollback segement to use when running
> > SQL*LOADER?
> >Hi !
I don't know if this will meet the problem you have, but from sqlplus there is a way specify a rollback segment for transactions. Use

   set transaction use rollback segment <name of the rollback segment>;

You must do this at the beginning of the transaction and you cannot issue this statement from a trigger or a stored procedure.

good luck,

        Juergen Received on Tue Jul 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message