Designer/Developer 2000 - Regeneration

From: D & L <FCDN_at_Concentric.net>
Date: 1997/07/19

[Quoted] I'm seeking feedback on the regeneration feature of Designer 2000. In theory it allows you to generate from Designer, then make modifications to in Forms 4.5. If you then need to go back to the repository for modifications, you can regenerate by pairing the repository up with the Forms 4.5 generated form.

Unfortunately, the experimenting I have done has not proven to be very successfull. If no changes to the database are made, it seems to work OK, but when I try adding a field, the regenerate seems to work well, but the new field gets deleted. This seems to vastly decrease the value of the regenerate feature.

I'm curious of your experience with regenerate. Any positive or negative experiecne that you can share is appreciated!

Thanks

--DJK Received on Sat Jul 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message