Re: My woes continue, Bad DBAs

From: John Caputo <caputo1_at_llnl.gov>
Date: 1997/07/16

[Quoted] Joost Ouwerkerk's DBA is an idiot. Why don't you just say so? The chances of what you related here are small, and he must be an idiot if he says queries and updates can't be done at the same time because the queries could currupt the updates. I'm sure there is ALWAYS a remote possibility that something could go wrong, but I still think he's an idiot.

DanHW wrote:

> Perhaps you can look at enough things to tune the statement, and/or check
> the DB. If that is checks out, look elsewhere (ie, the network, your PCs
> network card). Do what you can to isolate it, and as Kathrin said
>
> " So don't fight the DBA, try to fix it yourself.."
>
> Good luck
> Dan Hekimian-Williams

John Caputo                              Lawrence Livermore
Email: caputo1_at_llnl.gov                    National Laboratory
Phone: (510) 422-5262                    P.O.Box 808, L-650
Mon-Thu  7:30 AM-5:30 PM - Off Fri       Livermore, CA   94551