Re: Oracle/Database Designer

From: Grace Frederick <grace_at_vantageone.com>
Date: 1997/07/12

I have experienced the same problem (bug or not). I wouldn't be at all surprised if the 16/32 bit thing were the problem.

Overall, I haven't been impressed with the Oracle Database Designer (ODD). I couldn't access my database via SQLNet, so I saved it to a .sql file and used that in SQL*Plus. The stupid thing generated about 20 errors regarding stupid little mistakes I made while using ODD.

I'm new at this, so I figured that using the designer would help me out. Instead, it just created more work for me.

  • Grace

Wolfgang Breitling wrote:

> In article <867361579.11403_at_dejanews.com>, andrea_johnson_at_wolfe.net
> wrote:
> >I'm brand new to Oracle and am in the design phase of our database
> >project -- hoping to utilize Database Designer for table
> >creation/generation.
> >
> >Oracle platform is Solaris 2.5 -- with Windows NT 3.51
> >client/administration.
> >
> >I've been able to connect via a SQLNet login and the Oracle Admin
 Toolbar,