Forms 4.5 Question: How to freeze columns?

From: Todd Owers <toddo_at_gcr1.com>
Date: 1997/07/11

[Quoted] Is there a way to "freeze" columns on a canvas, similar to the Format->Freeze Columns command in Microsoft Access?

I have a canvas which contains a multi-record block that displays last name, first name, address, city, state, zip, driver's license number, social security number, etc. in a row-and-column format. I would like for [Quoted] each record to occupy one row. To do this, the width of the canvas exceeds [Quoted] the screen display area by a considerable amount, because of the number of columns.

[Quoted] At runtime, users can view the right-most columns by using the horizontal scroll bar. However, the left-most columns disappear as the user scrolls to the right. I would like to be able to "freeze" the first two columns so [Quoted] they always remain visible as the other columns scroll into view.

I realize the equivalent of a Freeze Columns command probably does not exist in Forms 4.5, so I will probably have to implement this functionality [Quoted] using a different method. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Todd Owers
ToddO_at_gcr1.com Received on Fri Jul 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message