Re: What version of Oracle Webserver can run FORMS applications and how ?

From: Tom Mettling <mettlingt_at_wtchen.com>
Date: 1997/07/11

Hein wrote:

> Is a version of webserver available than can "emulate" forms4.5 in a
> web
> page
> and if so how ?
> Does anybody know as my local oracle office does not seem to have a
> clue
>
> Thanks Hein

Webserver 2.1 will run forms from D2K as Java applets on the client side. You need to get D2K "for the web" - I think it is version 1.3, but don't take my word on it. It includes a new cartridge for the web server along with forms, reports, etc. You just create an .fmx file, put it on your server, and it runs just like it would in client server. The only drawback is that all the memory that used to get eaten up on the client side now gets eaten up on the server, so make sure you have enough power/memory.

--
Tom Mettling
W.T. Chen & Company, Inc.