Re: sqlldr and large text files

From: Matt Southcott <matts_at_nifcosynergy.com>
Date: 1997/07/11

Try putting in your control file the max char value of the feild like this:
LOAD DATA
INFILE 'off.txt'
INTO TABLE offering
FIELDS TERMINATED BY '|' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '~' (region_id, district_id, comp_id, category, offering, description

**************CHAR(1000)****************, contact, percent_accepted,
active
, id SEQUENCE(MAX, 1), phone)

oh and don't add the **, I could not get a 1000 character description to load until I did this then everything went in fine just make sure that the feild you are using in the table can handle the char size.