Executing stored SQL statements

From: Rick Musgrove <*rmusgrov_at_ix.netcom.com*>
Date: 1997/07/10

[Quoted] [Quoted] Can anyone give me some suggestions as to how to retrieve SQL statements from a table and then execute them in a procedure and then execute them? I want to store rules in a table, then use them to create a relation between two entities.

i.e. BEGIN

        update case_record set case_record.clerk_id = rules.clerk_id
         where case_record.case_record_id = :case_record_id
           and (select rule from rules);
     END;

I would like to do this *without* building a procedure.sql file and then executing it, because I need to know if the rule was a 'hit' or not.

Is there a way set a declared variable to an sql statement string and then execute the contents of the variable as an sql statement, updating other variables declared in the procedure?

Rick. Received on Thu Jul 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message