Re: What version of Oracle Webserver can run FORMS applications and how ?

From: John Caputo <caputo1_at_llnl.gov>
Date: 1997/07/09

Hein wrote:

> Is a version of webserver available than can "emulate" forms4.5 in a web
> page
> and if so how ?
> Does anybody know as my local oracle office does not seem to have a clue
>
> Thanks Hein

I attended the Oracle Developers Conference a few weeks ago, and Oracle folks demonstrated this feature. Apparently it is available with Designer/2000 Rel 2.0, Developer/2000 Rel 1.4W and Web Server Rel 3.0. It is not a 100% match. As you say, it is an 'emulation', but it was very impressive. It's based on SQL embedded in Java and stored in the database as a stored procedure (cartridge?). If you are interested in the Oracle Developer Programme, the web site is www.oracle.com/devlink. In order to get full benefit of what they offer, you must join. They recently had a 'special' rate of $200 USD for a year. It might still be offered.

John Caputo
Email: jcaputo_at_ecedi.com Received on Wed Jul 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message