Dev 2K - Forms Problem

From: Dan Stern <dstern_at_ctp.com>
Date: 1997/07/09

HELP!!!!! I am trying to do something so simple and straight forward, I can't figure out why it won't work. Here is a sample of what I am trying to do:

SELECT SALESREP
INTO :CUSTOMER_BLOCK.SALESREP
FROM SALES_REP_TBL
WHERE SALES_REP_TBL.LASTNAME = :CUSTOMER_BLOCK.SALESREP_NAME; It compiles fine, but never finds anything. When I go into the debugger, CUSTOMER_BLOCK.SALESREP_NAME has the correct information in it and it is the correct data type, but when I type the statement directly at the PL/SQL> prompt, I get the following error:

PDE-PUP001 ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended.

Any ideas?

thanks,
dan

Dan Stern<dstern_at_ctp.com> Cambridge Technology Partners voice: 617.374.8400 304 Vassar St.
fax: 617.374.8300 Cambridge, MA 02139 USA http://www.ctp.com