Re: UTL_FILE with Oracle 7.3.2.1.1 for WIN95

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: 1997/07/09

On 8 Jul 1997 13:57:28 GMT, "Phil Hoggins" <philh_at_sequent.com> wrote:

>Has anyone made UTL_FILE work with this version of Oracle for Win 95 ?
>
>Having set up utl_file_dir = *
>I have tried to perform an FOPEN in a stored procedure as follows and get
>an 'INVALID PATH' exception reported.
>
>FILE_HANDLE := UTL_FILE.FOPEN('C:\TEMP','MYFILE.TXT,'W');
>
>Any help and experiences with the UTL_FILE package would be greatfully
>received.
>
>Thanks

I have tested UTL_FILE package on exactly the same version of PO for Win95 and have had no problems with it, except that I could not persuade it to use APPEND option - I could use APPEND on other platforms/versions though. With READ and WRITE it worked OK.

Just two blind guesses (don't be offended if they are to silly and obvious) regarding your attempts:
- are you sure you have C:\TEMP directory available ? - did you restart your database after you add your UTL_FILE_DIR to your init.ora parameter file?

Regards,

Jurij Modic                             Republic of Slovenia
jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si		Ministry of Finance
The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Wed Jul 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message