Re: ODBC problem help needed...

From: Steve Moreland <smoreland_at_lanvision.com>
Date: 1997/07/09

Clay Isaacs wrote:

> I have the exact same problem with almost the same setup. However, I have
> gotten it to work on a machine with office 97 on it. But get this,
> Access97 can get to the data but MS Query gives the aforementioned error.
> What's going on here? Two apps from the same bundle won't work with the
> same DSN? There has got to be a better way!
>
> Clay
>
> Ali.Baskomurcu_at_datem.com.tr wrote in article
> <868348967.22902_at_dejanews.com>...
> > Hi everybody,
> > We have a problem in connecting to Oracle73 using ODBC. The version
> > numbers of our tools are listed below. We receive the following two error
> > messages.
> >
> > SQLSTATE : 08003
> > Native Error code : 0
> > Driver Message : [Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver] Connection not open
> >
> > SQLSTATE : 01000
> > Native Error code : 0
> > Driver Message : [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The driver returned
> > invalid (or failed to return) SQL_DRIVER_ODBC_VER: %s
> >
> > Tools and versions:
> > Oracle Server 7.3 on Windows NT Server 4.0 (Service Pack 3)
You need the Version 2 Complient ODBC drivers from Oracle or, third party drivers (Intersolv ?) that conform to the standard. SP3 is intolerent of anything that isn't V2. There's a hot fix out from MS for the Visual Studio that may cure this behavior.

In any event, we had the same problem and got around it by downloading the V2 drivers from the Oracle Web Page, OR, dropping back to SP2.

HTH Steve Received on Wed Jul 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message