Re: Help!ersonal Oracle7 "Stack Overflow" error

From: Dr. Blue <ou79138_at_deere.com>
Date: 1997/07/08

jiping zuo wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I've installed Personal Oracle7 on my Pentium155 machine. Whenever I start
> any Oracle program, I will immediate get "This program has performed an
> illegal operation and will be shut down" error message. Then "details" buttom
> further saying that PO7 caused an invalid page fault in module
> KERNEL32.DLL at 0137:bff711b3." If I used MS debugger, it will tell me
> "Unhandled exception at ..." and "Stack Overflow".
>
> I have increased the "STACKS=" line in config.sys to "36,256", it still
> doesn't work.
>
> Please someone help!
>
> Thank very much!
>
> Ming
> soczuo_at_condor.stcloud.msus.edu

I used to have this problem and I can't remember the reason but here are some things to check.

Memory - you need at least 16 MB. From your machine size, this should not be a problem.

The correct version for whatever your OS is, the Windows version will not run on Windows 95 and I think the 95 won't run on NT.

Did the installation finish correctly? At the end it creates the sample database and updates the registry. Received on Tue Jul 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message