Re: Unhandled Exception, Access Violation in OO4O and NT4

From: Andy Hardy <Andy_Hardy_at_camk.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/07/08

In article <7f$MHBAnXQwzMwDx_at_camk.demon.co.uk>, Andy Hardy <Andy_Hardy_at_camk.demon.co.uk> writes
>Hi,
>
>I'm perplexed...
>
>I did have a set of software which ran oo4o against a 7.3WGS database -
>both products were trial versions, awaiting the purchase of the real
>thing.
>
>Once the new db software arrived, I installed the new versions.
>DISASTER! Now my software failed to run, causing GPFs during the logon
>to the database.
>
>I backed out the db software and returned to the trial versions - these
>now generate 'Unhandled exception, Access Violation' messages referring
>to ORACLM32.DLL.

Further investigation shows that I changed my ODatabase call...

from

        ODatabase odb("db","user","password"); to

        ODatabase odb;
        odb.Open("db","user","password");

The Open method seems to be the culprit???

I also notice that the second call seems to cause a lot of 'DLL relocation' messages because of an address conflict with oraclm32.dll.

Andy

--
Andy Hardy