Forms to Reports (D2K v1.3)

From: Laura Larry Van Deusen <laura_at_jcc.com>
Date: 1997/07/07

Hello,

I am building a generic interface from Forms to Reports. After a query in Forms, I create a record group by looping through the blocks and getting each item's name, datatype and length. I then populate the group by looping through the records (i.e. record 1 of block 1, record 1 of block 2, etc.) I then call Run_Product and pass the record group to Reports. This works fine UNTIL... the same item name appears in different blocks. For instance, I have an address item in a Sales table and a Vendor table.
Any ideas on how to distinguish the item names for my record group? (Many fields also have reached the 30 character limit!) Thanks,

Laura Van Deusen
JCC Consulting, Inc.
Laura_at_jcc.com Received on Mon Jul 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message