Re: Newbie query on Personal Oracle

From: greg teets <teetshd_at_ucbeh.san.uc.edu>
Date: 1997/07/06

On Sun, 06 Jul 1997 00:01:24 GMT, nomail_at_nowhere.nospam (EBR) wrote:

>On Sat, 05 Jul 1997 19:38:49 GMT, teetshd_at_ucbeh.san.uc.edu (greg
>teets) wrote:
>
>>It was a little tricky to set up. Send me an e-mail and I can help
>>you with that.
>>
>>Greg in Cincinnati
>>
>Because it seems that you are experienced with Personal Oracle, maybe
>you could answer what's happening in this situation:
>
>I am trying to set up Personal ORACLE 7.3 (trial version) on an Win95
>Machine.
>
>Everthing works fine - until I try to connect with VB / Delphi using
>ORADC.OCX. The error I get is:
>
>ORA-03121 No Interface driver connected - function not performed
>
>What do I have to do to get it work? I supposed such object should
>give me a clear and direct access to Oracle Database without ODBC. Am
>I wrong?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Eugenio Reis

I'm using Personal Oracle with the tools that came with it, SQLPlus, Forms, etc. I don't know if it is set up to use VB or not. I have tried to use PowerBuilder and cannot get it to work with it. Somebody on this newsgroup told me that you have to buy a more expensive edition of PB for it to work.

We use PB with Oracle at work. I use the Personal Oracle at home just to learn the other tools that we don't use at work.

Sorry I can't be more specific on VB. Perhaps someone else can jump in.

Greg Received on Sun Jul 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message