Re: Newbie query on Personal Oracle

From: greg teets <teetshd_at_ucbeh.san.uc.edu>
Date: 1997/07/05

On 1 Jul 1997 10:25:49 GMT, "shiv" <shiv_at_hclcorp.hcla.com> wrote:

>Hi everybody.
>Have a few questions on Personal Oracle,
>

>1)Does it have all the functions of Oracle Server?
>2)What is the system requirement?
>3)Do we have to create seperate partitiuons to load the Server and Client
>Parts?
>4)How exaclty does it work?
>5)Does it support Sqlpplus and Developer2000(obviously it should)?
>6)What is the cost of the package?
>

>Thanks in advance,
>
>Shiv.

Several books include personal oracle on a cd which comes with the book. I got mine with Oracle Unleashed. The book was 49.99 (I think you can get 20% off at Amazon if you want to go that route.)

I have a 486/100 and it works fine. The book above also comes with a trial version of Developer 2000 and several other tools. I'd recommend getting it. (You can't beat the price and you get a book too (hardy har)).

[Quoted] [Quoted] It was a little tricky to set up. Send me an e-mail and I can help you with that.

Greg in Cincinnati Received on Sat Jul 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message