Re: DES2K Repository Problem

From: John Caputo <caputo1_at_llnl.gov>
Date: 1997/07/03

Robert Siegel wrote:

> I get the following error message:
>
> RME-00222: Failed to dispatch operation to Repository
> RME-00011: Operation 'upd' on FUNCTION has failed
> RME-00020: Internal API error - ORA-00600: internal error code,
> arguments: [12700],
> [402662218], [5], [], [], [], [], []
>
> Is this a known problem with the tool? Are there any work arounds?
>
> Thanks for any help
> Bob Siegel
> robertsiegel_at_compuserve.com
> rsiegel_at_gt.com

I have had this problem many times also. You don't mention what client platform you are on. I have had this error occur only on my NT4.0 machine at a client site. In my office, I have a Win95 machine and have never seen this error. Typically I get the error if I have been working back and forth in more than one diagrammer. Unfortunately you lose your updates. But... you can capture the window to the clipboard with the Print Screen Key, then paste it into something. I shut down Des2K and then reboot my machine. I restart Des2K and IMMEDIATELY go to the FHD and reenter my updates and save. From this behavior I can only guess that NT4.0 and Des2K muck up something in memory.

If you find out anything more on this problem, I would be most anxious to know a solution also.

John Caputo                              Lawrence Livermore
Email: caputo1_at_llnl.gov                    National Laboratory
Phone: (510) 422-5262                    P.O.Box 808, L-650
Mon-Thu  7:30 AM-5:30 PM - Off Fri       Livermore, CA   94551