Re: Extracting Data From Oracle

From: Joel Vannorsdel <Joel_Vannorsdel_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: 1997/07/03

Charles D DeVries wrote:

> Maybee this is a RTFM but I sure can't find it. We have recently
> migrated an application from a Sybase database to an Oracle database
> for
> the maintenance tool. Due to several requirements for the data we
> still
> have the need to extract the data from Oracle and reimport it into
> Sybase on a nightly basis. I have yet to be able to figure out how to
>
> get data out of Oracle in a CSV type format for reimport.
>
> Is this an actual Oracle decision? You can import whatever
> you want
> but once it is in it is ours??
>
> If there is no Oracle way to do this does anyone know of any
> 3rd party
> tools??
>
> Please reply to my regular address as well as the news server.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Chuck DeVries
> mailto:cdevries_at_link.com

   Chuck;
The company I work for Praxis International has developed a suite a products to do just what you want. We can provide hetrogenous replication and copy management for the databases you are talking about. Have a look at our web site www.praxisint.com. If you have any questions feel free to email me or give me a call 817 370-0532.

Joel Vannorsdel Received on Thu Jul 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message