Re: Flame bait ... best development tool?

From: Jeff Jacobs <jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/07/02

If you need cross platform and high productivity, then it's extremely hard to beat Designer/2000 + Developer/2000. Learning curve is not shallow, although not really any worse than learning anything else that is new and complex.

Not a cheap solution, however.

Bjorn Lindstrom <bjorn_at_realitynet.com> wrote:

>Realizing that this could start a flame war, I am interested in evaluating
>tools for developing applications to run against an Oracle database.
>
>We use Win 3.1, Win95, WinNT, SGI, and HP-UX systems. Development team
>uses WinNT 4.0 and SGI O2 running Irix 6.3.
>
>Our goals are for cross-platform portability, shallow learning curve, and
>reasonable cost.
>
>I found an FAQ that gave me some good directions to go, but I am also
>interested in user opinions.
>
>Much thanks in advance!
>
>Bjorn Lindstrom
>
>http://www.realitynet.com/bjorn
>bjorn_at_realitynet.com (home)
>Heartagold_at_aol.com (AOL)

-JJ

 Jeffrey Jacobs & Associates
 Oracle Designer/2000 Consulting & Training  951-2 Old Country Road, Suite 119, Belmont, CA 94002  Voice: 415-571-7092, FAX: 800-665-1379
 Email: jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com Received on Wed Jul 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message