Re: SQL*Plus / Windows NT / host commands

From: Richard Hoffbeck <rwh_at_visi.com>
Date: 1997/07/01

[This followup was posted to comp.databases.oracle.tools and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

In article <5p9k8o$2gq_at_agate.berkeley.edu>, kgeis_at_ucsee.EECS.Berkeley.EDU says...

> Hi. I'm running Oracle Workgroup Server 7.3 on NT 4.0 and using
> SQL*Plus 3.3. I have in a script to automate backups a line, 'host zip
> [zipfile] [datafile]'. This should compress the database file into the
> zipfile. So what happens is the zip command runs in the background, control
> returns to SQL*Plus, and the script takes the tablespace out of backup mode.
> So how do I get it to wait for the zip to complete?

Try 'host start /wait zip [zipfile] [datafile]' and see if that does the trick.

--rick Received on Tue Jul 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message