Re: OPO 2.1 Application question

From: Rick Greenwald <greenie_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 1997/07/01

TurkBear wrote:

> I need a way to pass the recordset returned to a form by a QBF to a
> report ---- How do I kep the report from returning ALL the records in
> the source table ( in other words how do I make the record source for
> the report = the returned records from the QBF ?)
>
> The application consists of a form with a repeater that returns 1 to n
> records depending on the query - printing the form only prints the
> visible records not the ones that the user needs to scroll the
> repeater to see - I want to allow the user to print the entire result
> set - hence the above question.
>
> Thanks for the help
> Program OPO 2.1
> Windows 95
>
> John.Greco_at_dot.state.mn.us

The problem is that the only way to limmit the rows in a report is with the DefaultCondition property in the report.

Unfortunately, there is no way to find out what condition the QBF used. You really have two possible options. One is to create a DefaultCondition for the report that uses a unique value, such as the key or ROWID of all the rows in the recordset of the form. The other option is to replace the standard QBF form with your own QBF form, which you will be able to determine the condition.

Hope this helps.

  • Rick Greenwald Author "Mastering Oracle Power Objects" on O'Reilly and Associates