Re: Please advice to me about Oracle Development Tool!!!

From: Bryan Dollery <bryan_at_bryan.prestel.co.uk>
Date: 1997/06/30

--------------DCF2361B2492FB14773B11AF

Hi,

The -=* BEST *=- tool for developing clients for Oracle servers is Delphi3 or C++ Builder.

This may spark a 'favorite tools' war, but all of the argument I have ever heard against these toolsets are complete rubbish. I have scientifically compared VB and Delphi as my thesis for my BSc (for which I git a 1st), and Delphi is the better tool by a large margin. C++ Builder is even better because it uses the more conventional C++ Language.

Bryan

Hiroshi. Takemura wrote:

> Hi,
> I am evaluating a development tool on Oracle7.3 Workgroup Server for
> Windows NT4.0.
> I picked up MS-Access97 developer kit, and Visual Basic 5.0, and
> Oracle
> Power Objects V2.1, Oracle Designer 2000. Which do you recommend?
> MS-Access97 is easy tool as development tool but it needs ODBC for
> accessing to Oracle. Oracle Power Objects is easier than Visual Basic
> but
> I heard that OPO has many bugs and handbook is very few. VB is very
> powerful tool but I need to study a long term. Oracle Designer 2000
> is
> strong tool, but cost is very high and client PC needs high SPEC. I'm
>
> confusing.
> If you know home page of evaluation report, please tell me.
> If you have any comments, please advice to me.
> --
> Melinda Foxy

--------------DCF2361B2492FB14773B11AF

begin:          vcard
fn:             Bryan Dollery
n:              Dollery;Bryan
org:            ByteSmart Systems Ltd.
email;internet: bryan_at_bryan.prestel.co.uk
note:           Consultant Software Engineer
=0A=
B.Sc. (Hons). Software Engineering
=0A=
MD - ByteSmart Systems Ltd.