Re: DBMS_JOB ?

From: Robert Christenson <robertoc_at_fyiowa.infi.net>
Date: 1997/06/30

Bryan Dollery wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm attempting to use DBMS_JOB from PL/SQL 2.1.6 on Oracle Server 7.1.3.
>
> The package exists, I can use it to submit, and remove jobs, and these
> jobs are visible through the DBA_JOBS view. I can even run a job,
> explicitly.
>
> However, the jobs don't run on schedule, infact they wont run at all,
> unless forced to explicitly. I have run tests in which the scheduled
> time is set an hour into the future, and the job won't run. I have,
> after this time, forced the job to run using the RUN procedure, and it
> works fine.
>
> The job isn't broken, and no failures are recorded. My DBA informs me
> that the server logs showed some cryptic space error messages around the
> time my jobs were due to execute, but I would have expected the failure
> flag to be set if the job failed to run, or complete.
>
> Anyway, I am performing simple tests on the service at the moment, they
> run a routine which simply inserts a count and timestamp into a table
> created solely for the purpose of these tests. I have run the routine by
> hand, and it works.
>
> Can anybody throw somw light on my problems?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bryan

> Name: vcard.vcf
> Part 1.2 Type: text/x-vcard
> Encoding: 7bit

There are a couple init.ora parameters that we had to set. I'm not sure of the defaults for either.

job_queue_interval - we have set to 3, checks the batch queue every 3 seconds for a job and runs it if there

job_queue_processes - we have set to 10, allows 10 jobs in the batch queue at a time (I think)

Hope this helps

--
"Came for the party, left on the run"

Robert Christenson
Gazette Technologies
robertoc#spam~be~gone#_at_fyiowa.infi.net