DBMS_JOB ?

From: Bryan Dollery <bryan_at_bryan.prestel.co.uk>
Date: 1997/06/30

[Quoted] This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------6E3272C26EE271506014A708

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm attempting to use DBMS_JOB from PL/SQL 2.1.6 on Oracle Server 7.1.3.

The package exists, I can use it to submit, and remove jobs, and these jobs are visible through the DBA_JOBS view. I can even run a job, explicitly.

However, the jobs don't run on schedule, infact they wont run at all, unless forced to explicitly. I have run tests in which the scheduled time is set an hour into the future, and the job won't run. I have, after this time, forced the job to run using the RUN procedure, and it works fine.

The job isn't broken, and no failures are recorded. My DBA informs me that the server logs showed some cryptic space error messages around the time my jobs were due to execute, but I would have expected the failure flag to be set if the job failed to run, or complete.

Anyway, I am performing simple tests on the service at the moment, they run a routine which simply inserts a count and timestamp into a table created solely for the purpose of these tests. I have run the routine by hand, and it works.

Can anybody throw somw light on my problems?

Thanks,

Bryan

--------------6E3272C26EE271506014A708

begin:          vcard
fn:             Bryan Dollery
n:              Dollery;Bryan
org:            ByteSmart Systems Ltd.
email;internet: bryan_at_bryan.prestel.co.uk
note:           Consultant Software Engineer
=0A=
B.Sc. (Hons). Software Engineering
=0A=
MD - ByteSmart Systems Ltd.