Q: How to reconfigure shared-memory segment size in Sun Solaris 2.5.1 kernel (SPARC)

From: htchen <htchen_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/06/29

[Quoted] Hi! I am running Oracle 7.3.2 on a Sun SPARC 10. While setting up for the first Designer/2000 repository, I modified the following init.ora parameters for a particular database server instance to the values shown:

	shared_pool_size = 18000000
	db_block_buffers = 1000
        global_names     = FALSE
        open_cursors     = 200
        processes        = 50.

However, when I tried to re-start the database server instance, the following message was returned to me:

        ORA-07331,smsnsg: unable to allocate the variable portion of the SGA.

I assume I have to modify some parameters regarding shared-memory segments in the Solaris UNIX kernel. Can someone share any information on how to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance. Received on Sun Jun 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message