Re: ORA-08103: object no longer exists

From: Ed Jennings <jenningse_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/06/29

I got this exact error as soon as I upgraded from 7.2 to 7.3. It is triggered by indexed searches that return one or more rows, which is why you don't get it on a select (*). The base bug # is 424581. Oracle already has a patch for it. Not sure what version of Oracle you are running, and I'm not sure when this bug was introduced. But it's really sounds identical to my problem of a few months ago.

Ed

--
jenningse_at_mindspring.com