Re: Oracle/Database Designer

From: Rajesh Kolluri <kslayer_at_erols.com>
Date: 1997/06/28

andrea_johnson_at_wolfe.net wrote:

> I'm brand new to Oracle and am in the design phase of our database
> project -- hoping to utilize Database Designer for table
> creation/generation.
>
> Oracle platform is Solaris 2.5 -- with Windows NT 3.51
> client/administration.
>
> I've been able to connect via a SQLNet login and the Oracle Admin Toolbar,
> but can't connect with Database Designer using the same
> username/password/connectstring.... Any ideas as to why not are welcome!

I think the problem might be with the client software. Check out the SQLNET net version you are using for Admin Tool Bar and the Dabase Desginer, if two Versions of SQLNET do not match you gotto install the version of SqlNet that is used by the dabase designer. Received on Sat Jun 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message