Too slow client server connection time

From: Ezio PAGLIA <ezio_at_comune.grosseto.it>
Date: 1997/06/27

Dear dba’s,

I ask you for a suggestion about 2 problems.

What is the best way to make faster the connection between Windows 95 clients and Unix SCO Oracle servers ? This is mainly important when Forms 4.5 calls Report 2.5 by RunProduct. Report is not very slow itself, but the loading and connection time is too long. Is there a way to avoid and bypass Report Server or to make it faster ? How may I have better connection times ? This condition is very important since these reports are run interactively (public certification) while the customers are waiting in a queue. We would not like to use third party products or ODBC, as far as possible.

Do you know any Oracle Server side product managing Text Retrieval, full text indexing , appropriate word processor filtering ? Do you know an URL where I can get a piece of information about it ?

Thank you in advance.
Aldo & Ezio Received on Fri Jun 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message